Are you interested in supporting the test prep profession through leadership and non-profit service? The NTPA is always looking for highly qualified and motivated additions to our Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications for Board Nominees
- NTPA member in good standing
- At least five years of experience as a test prep educator or administrator
- At least six months of activity on an NTPA committee/organizational function in the past 24 months (leadership roles preferred)
If accepted to the Board, you’ll share in the responsibility of being part of a team that steers our organization.
Initial Board terms run for a full two years and entail a substantial time commitment, all done on a volunteer basis.
Onboarding may include time to acclimate to your new role with an overlap with the current board member you are replacing.
Note that only one representative (owner/employee/contractor) of a company may serve on the Board at a time.
Nominating Guidelines and Procedures
The nomination period for consideration to join the Board in 2024 ends on December 10, 2023.
Nominees who wish to be considered for a Board position must submit a Candidate Statement answering all of the following questions. The deadline for Candidate Statements is December 15, 2023.
- Why are you interested in serving on the NTPA Board of Directors?
- What do you see as the role of the NTPA Board of Directors?
- What specific qualifications, skills, or experience would you contribute to the Board?
- What existing elements, benefits, and initiatives of the NTPA do you see as valuable and worth maintaining?
- What existing elements, benefits, and initiatives of the NTPA do you see as unimportant or requiring revision?
- What elements, benefits, and initiatives would you like to bring to the NTPA?
- What would be your top three priorities as a Board Member?
- What level of time commitment can you make to the Board? (Currently, the Board meets every week, with meaningful asynchronous project and committee work outside of the board meeting time.)