The National Test Prep Association is pleased to announce its inaugural Summer 2021 Conference designed to inform, educate, and inspire test prep professionals. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from your test prep colleagues’ expertise and best practices that will help you to develop, expand, and inform your business!
The National Test Prep Association 2021 Summer Conference
Saturday, June 12 – Sunday, June 13, 2021
The NTPA Summer 2021 Conference is open to both members and non-members. While the conference will be live and in-person in our nation’s capital, a live Zoom attendance option is available.
SATURDAY, JUNE 12
1:30-2pm — Opening statements, update from NTPA Board
2-3pm — Presentation A: Psychology of Learning (Heather Krey)
3-4pm — Breakout 1: NTPA: What Do We Stand For and What Do We Want?
4-5pm — Presentation B: Pedagogy/Operations Split
- Pedagogy – Using Data to Assess Curriculum and Develop Better Materials (Vinny Madera)
- Operations – Adventures in Marketing – What Actually Works? (Mike McGibbon & Adam Snoza)
5-6:30pm — Cocktail Hour
7pm-? — Dinner (extra fee)
SUNDAY, JUNE 13
8-9am — Check-in, light breakfast
9-10am — Presentation C: Pedagogy/Operations Split
- Pedagogy – Advanced In-the-Moment Data Collection: Making Every Question Count (Robin Satty)
- Operations – Delegating Responsibility to Staff (Michael Jordan)
10-11am — Presentation D: Pedagogy/Operations Split
- Pedagogy – Best practices for low scoring students (Jen Henson)
- Operations – Adding Services to Your Practice (Scott Greenspan & Alexis Avila)
11am-noon — One Great Idea (Aaron Golumbfskie)
noon-1pm — Lunch
1-2pm — Presentation E: ACT Behind the Scenes (Allyson Tlacoxolal, ACT Product Manager)
2-3pm — Breakout 2: How Would You Handle This? (Pedagogy/Operations Split)
3-4pm — Presentation F: College Admissions
4-5pm — Presentation G: Testing, Prep, and Educational Equity (Eva Addae)
COST AND REGISTRATION
Find a full range of fees for both members and non-members on the NTPA Conference Registration Form.
The best time to register for the conference is right now: the full conference fee for NTPA Members is $249.00 per for early bird registration or $299.00 after May 15, 2021.
Note that the NTPA Member rate applies specifically to single Individual Members or all attendees from an Organizational Member. Please contact us ASAP if you’d like to adjust your membership status.
Yours Truly Hotel
1143 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, DC 20037
If you want to stay at the conference venue, make hotel reservations at the NTPA group rate of $129.00 per night.
Group access code: 210621NTPA
The room rate is valid until May 25, 2021; thereafter, reservations will be taken on a space-available basis.
Out of respect for the ongoing public health crisis and Washington DC regulations, the NTPA will require the following of all in-person conference attendees:
- Participants must be fully vaccinated and able to demonstrate proof of vaccination; a screenshot of your vaccination card will suffice).
- Participants must sign a waiver indemnifying the NTPA of any liability.
- Participants should not attend if they are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, headache, body aches, loss of taste or smell, etc.
- Participants will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry and throughout the day at breaks.
- Participants will have their temperatures taken as they enter the conference.
- Participants will be required to observe Washington DC COVID protocols.